Comments Off on Aqua Viva
Enjoy a 100% Nature Themed Holiday
- Near to: Sarlat
- Region: Aquitaine
- Department: Dordogne
Your camping village in the heart of the Périgord Noir.
A rural region situated between the plains of Aquitaine and the foothills of the Massif Central, comprised of a huge wooded plateau shaped by the valleys, the Périgord Noir area is a well preserved region brimming with history. The medieval towns of the Dordogne valley, prehistoric caves (Lascaux), castles and gardens are all within easy reach. Its legendary cuisine includes foie gras, truffles, walnuts, chestnuts, ceps, and the many imaginative recipes using this delicious fare.
Discover all the pleasures of the waterways, prehistoric art, the middle ages and the renaissance period, the fragrance of the gardens and the local gastronomy. Here, that famous French “art of living” can be appreciated at its best.
Things to See and Do:
The Lascaux caves, the National Prehistory Museum, the Thot Espace Cro-magnon (Cro-magnon centre), Castles, the wildlife park, the ancient streets of Sarlat, Rocamadour, not forgetting the local markets.
On a listed site in the Dordogne area, discover our Aqua Viva campsite (6 km from Sarlat – the capital of the Périgord Noir). Situated in a magnificent 10-hectare natural setting, the holiday village offers a leafy setting, flowers, plenty of space and shade, sunshine and water.
- Outstanding quality of the site
- A wealth of entertainment features and activities
- Well marked out pitches of between 70 sqm and 110 sqm, in the shade of the forest’s undergrowth or alongside the lake, benefiting from a panoramic view, the cool and relaxing atmosphere of the lake side and a varied natural setting.
- During the day: the site team proposes a number of sports activities including ping pong or volleyball competitions, petanque, and water games.
- In the evening: the bar and restaurant offer a range of musical entertainment features including karaoke, theme and meal evenings, shows, etc…
- Nearby: accro-branches (tree climbing), hiking, VVTT, TT, canoeing, horse riding, hot air ballooning, cross karting and golf.
Kids’ Club and Teen Club
- The activity organizers look forward to welcoming children and teenagers aged between 4 and 17 for a range of craft, sports and other fun activities.
- The Aquatic area: a huge pool and a paddling pool with water slides, not forgetting the pond with its small landscaped pool surround area and its activities including canoes, boats, and fishing, etc.
- Sports and Leisure activities: a giant playing field, table tennis, volleyball pitch, petanque, crazy golf (lit until 10.00 pm).
- On site: grocers, caterer, bar, restaurant, newsagent, information area, Internet access point, launderette.